Sunday, October 12, 2014

Contemplating


Photo taken by Taylor Rosner

TAYLOR ROSNER

In the visual arts department at Dreyfoos School of the Arts, a summer artwork exhibition was previously located on both floors in Building Nine. The artwork was arranged in a way that drew the viewer’s eyes to each and every wall located inside the exhibition. The overall feel while being there was joy.  Everywhere I looked, I saw smiling faces and it was a great environment to be in.

One piece of artwork that stood out to me was by Valerie Mishko.  This piece intrigued me because of the use of super-realism and the position of the face.  Mishko’s piece was realistic, but had a great sense of style to it.  Overall, the summer artwork exhibition at Dreyfoos School of the Arts was a success and I would definitely recommend attending the next show.


No comments:

Post a Comment